Pain can be experienced anywhere in your body. Common complaints range from knee pain, to lower back pain, migraines and pulled muscles, to carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis. One of the top complaints people have is that they are experiencing neck pain.
Luckily, pain management options in Phoenix are available to help you deal with any pain you may have in your neck.
Some of the more common causes of neck pain include:
- Muscle Strains. Sleeping with your neck in a certain position will cause great pain upon arising. Turning your head rapidly, or using repetitive motions will also put a strain on neck muscles. Whiplash is a form of muscle strain, where the fast backward and forward movement of your head causes ligaments to strain. Whiplash is commonly caused when you are in an auto accident.
- Compressed and Herniated Discs. Any time a nerve becomes compressed in your back or neck, it can lead to neck pain and soreness. Without proper treatment, the pain can get worse. The discs on your spinal column serve as cushions between the vertebrae. Think of a jelly donut with its soft center. When the center of the ‘donut’ ruptures, this is known as disc herniation. If the rupture is large enough, it will press on adjoining spinal nerves.
- Getting Older. As we age, it’s not uncommon to begin seeing signs of arthritis or osteoarthritis. When an older person tells you it’s terribly painful upon arising in the morning because of neck pain, it’s due to arthritis. Joints suffer wear and tear down through the years, and this may lead to chronic neck pain.
- Injuries. There are many ways to injure your neck. Sports injuries are very common, as are auto accidents, which can lead you to experience a neck problem for quite some time. Even exercising improperly can lead to neck pain. If you are someone who loves bull-or-bronco riding, neck pain is a real possibility when participating in these events.
- Being Repetitive. Love hunching over your smartphone all day? How about scrunching up on the couch to play video games? As the intensity increases, so do the muscles in your neck, until you can develop real, and very painful neck pain. Even many hours of driving can cause neck discomfort.
Don’t let neck pain spoil your fun. There are treatments and pain management in Phoenix at Pain Stop Clinics that will have you fixed up in a jiffy!