CDC statistics indicate over 160 million adults in the U.S. live with two or more chronic illnesses.
- Crohn’s Disease
A staggering number of victims live with chronic pain, on a daily basis. This does not include sports and job-related job injuries or car and home accidents. The help and support you receive from your network of loving caregivers, is critical to your pain management process and success.
Chronic pain is an important family matter that concerns the entire family. This situation changes everyone’s life. Dear loved ones, struggling continuously with pain; share some common experiences, with their caregivers. You must recognize you are a team. You must work together to succeed.
- Dramatic changes in their lives
- A significant loss of independence
- Restricted interaction with friends
- Limited participation of interests and hobbies
Guidelines to Help a Loved One
- Try to provide an environment that fulfills his/her health needs. If for example, your loved one agonizes, when climbing stairs. Relocate the bedroom to the main floor of the house. Set-up an activity center that is appropriate for his physical and mental abilities.
- Keep the lines of communication flowing honestly between you both. Communication is the process of listening and talking.
- Exert patience, to the greatest extent possible. Do not take personally, everything your loved one does or says.
- Laughter is the best medicine; it strengthens and heals the body and refreshes and inspires the mind.
- Appreciate your blessings. Thank God throughout your day. Express your love and appreciation to each other.
- Do not hesitate to ask for help from your health team, at Pain Stop Clinics.
- Make plans and set goals; be prepared to make adjustments, when interruptions occur.
- Attitudes must exude positive optimism based on reality.
- Take one day, or even one hour at a time.
- Take care of yourself; you are import too.
Caring for a loved one, who lives with the daily cycle of pain, is fraught with complex challenges. One caregiver remarked. “I view the many difficulties in life, as puzzles to be solved.” This kind of positive thinking, will enable you to help your loved one overcome his/her circumstances with productive action. Together, you will learn creative strategies to help the most important person in your life, manage their chronic illnesses and their chronic pain. Pain Stop Clinics will help you achieve your health goals.