Back pain is experienced by millions of people every day. Sometimes, you know exactly why you have it, other times, it may be a mystery. Finding the cause of your back pain can be difficult. Knowing what questions to ask your doctor can help you to find ways to manage the pain and avoid aggravating it.
Consider asking your doctor these questions the next time you’re in for a visit.
- What will worsen my back pain? Chances are you are backing off from doing any heavy lifting. Are there certain movements or activities you should avoid? You definitely want to know.
- Is there a serious condition that is causing my back pain? Not all back pain is the same. Some is muscle related, while other back pain can be from a disease or a disorder. Has anything been ruled out?
- Is medicine called for? What about alternative measures? Depending on the severity of your back pain, there are any number of resources available for back pain relief.
- If I do take medicine, how long will I need it? What are any side effects? Is taking this medication over the long term possibly harmful? This is important because no one wants to become dependent on their medications. Too often, you hear about many people who can’t live without their meds, and this is exactly what you want to avoid.
- Where can I find out more about living with this type of back pain? Complex Regional Pain Syndrome relief options should be readily available right in your doctor’s office. There are many alternatives available these days.
- Are there special accommodations I should be aware of when at work, school or at home? You are in different environments everywhere you go, and each one may present its own set of challenges. It’s best to know what you should do to take the guesswork out of each situation. You might love to use the stairs at work, and now have a recommendation to use the elevator instead.
- What about exercise? Know your limits, especially if you are aching to go to the gym or workout heartily at home. You don’t want to make a bad back situation any worse.
Your pain management doctors in Mesa will have all the answers to your questions about back pain relief. Stop your pain today- contact us to set up your free consultation.