Getting headaches can be a common occurrence for many people. Sometimes headaches are caused from stress, too much wine, or even from eating your ice cream too fast. But when you have a persistent headache every day, that is an entirely different matter. If you are suffering from daily headaches here’s what you need to watch out for, according to the US National Library of Medicine.
Serious Headache Causes Include
- Dangerously high blood pressure
- Fluid buildup in the skull
- Carbon monoxide poisoning (remember, you can’t see or smell this deadly gas)
- Brain abscess or infection.
Other Headaches Types & Causes
Painful, daily headaches are a reason to see your doctor or an emergency care provider right away, especially if these headaches are accompanied by any of the following:
- The headaches started after a period of activity, such as playing a sport.
- The headaches began after a head injury.
- The headaches interfere with your daily life.
- You have vision problems or slurred speech.
- You have difficulty controlling motor skills.
- You have memory loss.
- You have a fever, stiff neck, nausea, and/or vomiting.
- You have a history of cancer or HIV.