Even if you don’t suffer from some type of knee pain, chances are you know someone who does. It is a very common problem for millions of people. Often, chronic knee pain can lead to knee surgery.
Total knee replacement surgery is a big deal. Not only is it a full surgical procedure, but it takes weeks of rehab to get you back on your feet again. Luckily, with newer trends in medicine and physiotherapy for chronic pain relief, surgery is not always necessary.
There are a number of non-invasive treatment plans that your doctor can employ to alleviate chronic knee pain. Some of these treatments include:
- Non-steroidal Injections. Steroids are not always needed to relieve knee pain, believe it or not. The non-steroidal medication is injected into the joint, muscle or around a nerve for total pain relief.
- Nerve Blocks. Your doctor will pinpoint the exact region where your pain is coming from. Then an epidural steroid injection is used to specifically target your pain area. This is done through the use of an x-ray known as fluoroscopy.
- Chiropractic Therapy. Another non-surgical solution is using your body and bringing it into proper alignment. Through the use of chiropractic therapy you may find that your knee pain is lessened or gone, now that your body has been restored to a more balanced natural state.
- Trigger Point Injections. Muscle fibers cause pain. They actually can become muscle knots, due to overwork or an injury. Trigger point injections can reduce inflammation and the pain caused by these muscle knots because they are specifically targeted by your pain management doctors in Mesa. This goes a long way in helping the muscle to heal.
- Physiotherapy and Therapeutic Exercises. These are at the heart of any pain management program. Your doctor will develop a treatment plan specific to your knee pain. This is to treat the cause of the pain, which in turn will bring about chronic pain relief. Musculoskeletal imbalances are brought into alignment and knee pain can be greatly reduced or eliminated.
Knee pain can be mild to severe, even to the point where getting around is next to impossible. Let your pain management doctors in Mesa evaluate your knee pain situation and put you on the road to total knee health again.