There are many experiences that people share, and one of the unfortunate ones is back pain. It is highly likely that just about every adult you know has suffered through a bout of back soreness at one time or another.
Back pain can be caused by any number of reasons. Sometimes back pain comes from simple straining or lifting too much at once, and other incidents of back pain are disc-related and can render you almost immovable. When back pain strikes, all you want is a quick fix because without that your daily activities can quickly grind to a halt.
When you have back pain, there are some ways to alleviate the pain on your own.
- Medications such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen can relieve inflammation and swelling.
- Resting with little movement will also bring relief.
- Use heat or ice to relieve back pain. Heating wraps are readily available in drug stores, and ice packs too, can decrease back pain, especially in your lower back.
- Pay attention to your posture. Slouching over video games or hunching for too long at a computer will only make things worse.
- Try some low-impact exercises such as swimming or yoga.
- Don’t try more intense exercises, such as Pilates or working out at the gym. If you think these will ‘get the kinks out’ you may be making a bad back situation worse.
- Don’t sling a heavy pocketbook over your shoulders regularly. Backpacks, too, will put a strain on you and can easily cause upper back pain.
- If back pain persists, do not ignore it. It may be a sign of degenerative disc disease or herniated discs or even the beginnings of osteoarthritis.
When you feel severe back pain, the only wise choice is to contact your doctor. In addition to prescribing narcotic pain relievers and muscle relaxants if needed, they will assess your back problem thoroughly.
Back pain may continue for some time, or it may disappear as suddenly as it appeared without any treatment. A strained or wrenched back can heal on its own, but the pain may return if you resume the same activity that caused it in the first place.
For whatever type of back pain you have, there is relief available. At Pain Stop Clinics pain management in Phoenix is just a phone call away. Here you will find professionals who deal with back pain every day. They will provide a comprehensive treatment plan specifically for your back pain.
Responsible Pain Management Without Opioids
Same-day appointments available!