Upper back pain is pain anywhere in the back from the bottom of the rib cage to the base of the neck. Upper back pain is not as common as lower back pain since the bones in this area do not flex or move as much as those in the lower back. Still, upper back pain causes significant discomfort when it occurs.
At Pain Stop Clinics we provide treatments to give you pain relief and modalities to help keep you pain free.
Upper back pain treatments include:
- Radiofrequency Neuroablation
- Transforaminal Epidurals
- Nerve Blocks
- Interlaminar Epidurals
- Chiropractic Therapy
Upper Back Pain Symptoms:
- Muscle tightness
- Dull burning
- Sharp pain
- Numbness in limbs
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms please contact a Pain Stop Medical Professional today. Find a Clinic near you.
Upper Back Pain Causes & Conditions:
- Myofascial pain – Long-lasting pain that affects the connective tissue (fascia) of muscles
- Joint dysfunction – Pain caused in the sacroiliac joint
- Herniated disc – Bulging or rupture of disc causing pain
- Overuse or muscle strain – Muscle pain from tears and overuse
- Improper posture – Imbalances in the upper back cause strain that lead to disc problems and inflammation
- Osteoarthritis – The breakdown of cartilage in the small disc joints that cushion the spine movement
Another common culprit of upper back pain is joint dysfunction that can be treated by chiropractic adjustments. Adjustments to help mobilize the joint, stretch the spine and shoulders, and reduce pain.
These are just a few of the most common upper back pain conditions. Upper back pain treatments may vary for specific conditions. If you are suffering from upper back pain contact your nearest Pain Stop Clinic today and gain upper back pain relief.
We are dedicated to giving you the same level of personalized, attentive care we expect for our own families. You’ll be treated with kindness, honesty and respect as we partner with you to ensure you live pain free.