MUSCLE & JOINT PAIN
Where does it hurt?
Muscle & joint pain
Most people experience muscle and joint pain at some point in their lives. Muscle and joint pain can be caused by a number of different factors varying from simple overuse of a muscle or joint to disease.
At Pain Stop Clinics patients work with our team of medical professionals and doctors to properly diagnosis your muscle and joint pain and provide you with the best possible treatment program designed for your specific needs.
Muscle and Joint Pain Treatment Options Include:
- Trigger Point Injections
- Transforaminal Epidurals
- Nerve Blocks
- Medial Branch Blocks
- Chiropractic Therapy
Muscle pain is more prevalent than joint pain for most people. This is due to the fact that muscles make up more space in the body and, the soft tissue of muscles are more prone to injury. Muscle pain or muscle soreness can range from acute pain like a stiff neck to more severe Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Muscle pain is mainly due to tension, stress, overuse, and injuries. This type of pain is normally specific to one area or body part. Systemic muscle pain is a pain felt throughout the entire body. Systemic muscle pain is often due to an infection, sickness or reaction to a certain type of medication. It is important to know the difference between the two types of pain so that proper treatment can be administered
Conditions of Muscle Pain
Below we provide some of the main causes of normal muscle pain:
- Delayed-onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) – Pain and stiffness from strenuous exercise
- Muscle Cramp – Sudden contraction of muscles, ex: calf cramp
- Muscle Strain / Pull – Hypertension of muscle fibers causing pain
- Repetitive Movement Strain – Muscle which has been over fatigued
- Sprain – Stretching or tearing of a ligament
Some common causes of systemic muscle pain are:
- Fibromyalgia – Disorder of wide spread musculoskeletal pain
- Flu – Viral infection
- Lupus – Long term inflammatory disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – Chronic inflammatory disease that affects small joints in the hands and feet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – Extreme fatigue disorder made worse by physical or mental activity
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome – Complex Regional Pain Syndrome disorder where trigger points in the muscles cause pain in unrelated parts of the body
If you are experiencing any of these conditions please contact your nearest Pain Stop Clinics and speak with one of our experts.
types of Joint Pain
Joint pain is pain felt in the joints of the body, where bone connects with bone. Chronic joint pain is often due to arthritis. This is typically felt as a mild pain when moving the joints and it also causes stiffness.
Causes of Joint Pain
- Broken bones and dislocation
- Inflammatory diseases such as lupus, gout, and bursitis
- Repetitive movement
If you are experiencing any of these conditions please contact your nearest Pain Stop Clinic and speak with one of our experts.
Pain in your muscles or a specific joint in the body can be very frustrating on so many levels. Whether you are experiencing a minor muscular ache or pain to a joint disorder that limits your movement, our innovative treatments will help relieve your joint and muscle pain. Contact one of our nearby locations to schedule a consultation.
Responsible Pain Management Without Opioids
Same-day appointments available!