About 143 million Americans commute every day. With that many people on the road, accidents are bound to happen. If you find yourself in an accident, one of the first things you need to do is seek out treatment.
Common Injuries from Car Accidents
- Whiplash. You might think you got off, scot-free, but symptoms for this injury can take anywhere from 24 hours to 48 hours to appear. That’s why it pays to consult with a doctor as soon as possible.
- Herniated disc. The discs in your spine might shift or slide out of alignment as a result of the impact. Pain and nerve injuries might occur, which can lead to weakness in your thighs.
- Soreness and stiffness. Many people suffer from sore joints and stiff muscles after a car accident.
Reasons to Choose Chiropractic Treatment
- Restore strength. Getting chiropractic services can help you regain your strength or fix the problem in affected areas if you suffer from a herniated disc.
- Improve movement. Muscle soreness or stiffness in one’s joints prohibits muscle movement. An experienced chiropractor can help restore the mobility and improve range of motion in these areas.
- Reduce scar tissue. The body creates scar tissue to heal torn muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Chiropractors can focus on these areas, stretch them out, and prevent the scar tissue from forming. If one has already formed, a trained chiropractor can stretch out the muscle regularly to break up the scar tissue.
- Reduce the pain. Chiropractic treatments are one of the highly recommended ways to manage pain brought on by injuries sustained from car accidents. Doctors might prescribe pain medications as a way for car accident victims to relieve the pain, but these medications fail to treat the underlying source of the problem. Chiropractors, on the other hand, advocate pain management without resorting to the use of opioids.
- Prevent long-term pain. Long-term or chronic pain can result from a car accident, especially if the injuries go undetected or aren’t properly treated in correct time. Regular sessions at the chiropractor can help by preventing the risk of re-injury to patients and performing spinal adjustments that can fix those minor problems before they get worse.
Choosing a Chiro
Look for a reputable health care facility, preferably one that specializes in responsible pain management. Make an appointment at one of the many chiropractic services in or around the valley. If the facility has the right credentials, a trained medical staff, and experience in these cases, that makes the clinic an excellent choice for you.